Sunday, April 03, 2016

Dan the Man


Marietta Police Chief Dan Flynn


Our Man Flynn.  Dan Flynn is his name and policing is his game.  Dan Flynn is the Chief of the Marietta Police.  He is my Daddy's 9th or 10th replacement.  Before Chief Dan got to Marietta he was Chief of the Savannah Police and the Miami Police, or visa versa.  He and I were in the same group that took a tour of Marietta Civil War Hospital Sites sponsored  by the Marietta Museum of History and conducted by Brad Quinin a year or so ago. Dan Flynn is very congenial and likable.  He looks at you and listens when you talk. 

Surprisingly, Chief Dan remembered me the next time we ran into each other.  I remember his exact words, "Yeah, yeah, I remember you..."  as he clicked the handcuffs on.
No, seriously we bumped into each other at the Marietta History Museum a few months after that.


Dan rhymes with Van. I wonder if anybody ever calls him "Chief Van" by mistake?

No comments: