Sunday, September 14, 2014

SUNDAY FUNNIES!! TARZ*N THE APE MAN!


I am reading TARZAN by Edgar Rice Boroughs.  I am about 1/3 thorough it  and, well have TARZAN on my mind, living like a wild animal most of his formative years...... walk like a duck, quack like a duck... but in this case walk like an ape, grunt like an ape....you might be human.
  
I pulled this out of my HELP! collection.   It was written by editor Harvey Kurtzman and drawn by Will Elder.  Interesting, Harvey Kurtzman named his African tribe the OOKABOLLANs - the same as he named wild tribes of Indians and African natives in MAD.  Also, I noticed one of the apes is named Tantor - which proves he read the book TARZAN. While you read/look  it, study the details.... the details are Will Elder's doors to his zany Marx Brothers frame  of mind.


Click on each page to make it readable, thus understandable. 









No comments: