Sunday, September 14, 2014

SUNDAY FUNNIES!! TARZ*N THE APE MAN!


I am reading TARZAN by Edgar Rice Boroughs.  I am about 1/3 thorough it  and, well have TARZAN on my mind, living like a wild animal most of his formative years...... walk like a duck, quack like a duck... but in this case walk like an ape, grunt like an ape....you might be human.
  
I pulled this out of my HELP! collection.   It was written by editor Harvey Kurtzman and drawn by Will Elder.  Interesting, Harvey Kurtzman named his African tribe the OOKABOLLANs - the same as he named wild tribes of Indians and African natives in MAD.  Also, I noticed one of the apes is named Tantor - which proves he read the book TARZAN. While you read/look  it, study the details.... the details are Will Elder's doors to his zany Marx Brothers frame  of mind.


Click on each page to make it readable, thus understandable. 









Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script