Monday, September 16, 2013

A Fly On The Wall



I have said many times that doing family research is like looking at person information, skeletons in closets, reading private mail - really invading some people's privacy, of course many years after their death.

Here is another person letter checking on her brother and his family.  No cell phones back then:


Letter from Nancy Moody Fowler to her brother William Moody:

Pearsin Mills, Ala                          Apr 8, 1894

My Dear Brother,
after so long a time I will received your letter was so glad to hear from you once more but I was sorry to hear about Charlie a being cripple.  I am not as stout as I have been.  This year Jack's family is all well at present.  They have a rite smart corn planted and had powerful freze heir.  It killed of all the fruit and it throud Jack behind with his crop.  He is going to plant about 15 acres in cotton this year.  I want you to write me how maney of the girls is married.  Where is Alfred? Tell Sarah I be glad to see her and all the rest of them.  Bill and I want you to write as soon as you get this card.
So good by.
                                Nancy Fowler

Nancy married John A. Fowler [5172] [MRIN: 1876] on 12 Jan 1843 in , Cherokee Co, GA. John was born in 1823 in , , SC and died before 9 Apr 1855. They had five children: Jackson, Andrew J. Hansell, Miciah Ann, Margaret, and Elizabeth Easter.
  

No comments: