Saturday, August 17, 2013

Gloria Houston Spence Edwards

Today is the funeral of my dear cousin Gloria Houston Spence Edwards.   She had a spontaneous laugh that reminded me of a hyper hoot owl.  She was a  positive person and a pleasure to be around.

I heard that funerals are for the living.  They are.  The surviving relatives and friends will be assured she is in a better place.   And you get to shake hands and hug people you haven't seen in a long time.

When I was just a little tyke Gloria dealt with me professionally.  She was a dental hygienist assisting Doctor Carpenter.    She kept me amused  and my mind off  big bad cigar clenching Doctor Carpenter pried into my personal space (my mouth).

The Hunter family, as a whole,  does not get together like we once did.  But when we did Gloria was always there.  She was a family cornerstone.


We will miss her.  

No comments: