Sunday, October 16, 2011

Oh Stop It! I'm Blushilng.

William & Emaline Ray Hunter
2nd class class school c1948

7th Grade Class, 1949/50 Waterman Street School


"Imitation Is The Sincerest Form of Flattery."
- Harvey Kurtzman. Harvey said that when asked about all the MAD comicbook (that he created) imitations. He may have been quoting someone else, I don't know.

While surfing Facebook this morning I came across the above pictures side by side. The top one is of my great grandparents William A. and Emaline Ray Hunter at their home on Main Street in Woodstock, Georgia. The second picture is my 2nd grade class at Waterman Street School in Marietta. I'm one of the short sqirts sitting on the front row. The 3rd picture right alone beside the other two, which has been on my blog also, of my sister Frances' 7th grade class. So, whoever posted these pictures on Facebook, thank you for flattering me (I think).

5 comments:

kenju said...

Eddie, maybe you want to think about watermarking your photos so no one can claim them.

Anonymous said...

R, Are you 5th from left. In front of Jerry Flowers?
Unknown

Eddie said...

Judy, Thanks. No, it might be a relative. Besides, I don't mind, I just find it curioursly funny.

Eddie said...

Anonymous,
Right! I'm sitting between Tony Partain and Janice Benson.

Anonymous said...

Did they add on the lunchroom, etc. while you were there?