Saturday, May 15, 2010

Similar Pictures - Yes?



I came across the above picture today of Fred Astaire and Rita Hayworth dancing on a rooftop.

That reminded me of a picture that I once took while touring the Strand Theater. In the Astaire/Hayworth picture there are mountains in the background. The picture I took has mountains (Kennesaw & Little Kennesaw) in the background. And of course both pictures were taken on roof tops.

I had no idea where I would have filed such a picture that had no use at all. Wait! I hardly throw anything away! I looked under the file pictures! Then I checked various years and dates until I came across February 2, 2009, Strand Theater Open House. And there it was. They are similar aren't they?

Of course one has two movie stars of days gone by dancing and the other one doesn't. But wait! Below the roof top of the picture I took those very same stars danced that same scene on the silver screen.

Well, maybe they are similar and maybe they are not. It is just according how you squint your eyes and tilt your head when you compare them.

No comments: