Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Surprise!


And I was thinking that “you won’t have Hillary to kick around any longer.”

As I saw Hillary in various TV spots this past few days the looked defeated. She looked defeated and was drawing some humor of it, as in Saturday Night Live – and most importantly, being a good sport about it.

I think she proved once again, that it doesn’t hurt to be the underdog, especially, if you demonstrate you can take it on the chin.

I know this is a paradox – everybody loves a winner and everybody loves an underdog. And you can’t be both. It seems to me that you will have to use one tactic or another to woo the American people.

Maybe Hillary’s speech writers should concentrate on her speaking about the times the primaries she lost and top it off with a joke about losing, but hint that she is going to win anyway – that way she can get the underdog and love-winners voters.

She is on people’s minds and have been, no question about that. She has been the butt of the jokes forwarded to me more than any other person in the past couple of years.

Herman Talmadge said, “I don’t care what you say about me, just spell my name right”.

4 comments:

Postino said...

As a country we also like to build someone up until they get to the top, then we start the process of tearing them down. I'll vote for whoever the Democrats run, but I hope the Dems don't tear themselves to pieces even before the convention!

Eddie said...

el postino,
I agree, and it is surely to happen. It happened in Georgia's most recent governor's election. The Republican incumbent just stood aside and enjoyed the two Democrat contenders to slug it out and throw mud. He he swooped in like a buzzard and ate the winner.
It is a shame because the Democrat, Mark Taylor had some good stuff on the governor getting special land favors and special tax laws passed that, as it so happens, he was the one person in Georgia to gain by it.... tch tch.

kenju said...

I was hoping that she would fade into the background after yesterday - but what a surprise this a.m., especially in TX!

Eddie said...

Judy,
I have mixed feeling about her. But, I'm glad she won on this go-around. She was looking tired and beat. I hope this pumped her up some.