Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Anna Ruby Falls Again & Helen, Ga




Here is another post card of Anna Ruby Falls.

As I mentioned, we spent our honeymoon there in the Unicoi State Park where the falls are. And I also mentioned the nearby town of Helen that had a launderette that we did our clothes at once that honeymoon week.

Just a year or so after that the town fathers of Helen decided to make it look more like a tourist trap by making the town look like an Alpine village.

Here are a few pictures of the Alpine-style buildings that I took a couple of years ago and one the same day at a gift shop in Helen that Anna tried taking of me when a drunk female Viking came up. She was just pillaging – that is what Vikings do.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

test

Anonymous said...

beans
from name/url

Eddie said...

The above comments are comments from little old me, trying to figure out how to post if you don't haven't signed up for a blog.

I got it. You check Name/URL and type in your name or alter-ego, whatever.

Deborah Wilson said...

Yep, this is Helen. It's a nice little town, I think the buildings are pretty but kind of out of place. I'm waiting to see what festivals will be near there this year.

Eddie said...

I'm sure there will be a beer drinking festival.
In nearby Dahlonega the weekend of April 18th & 19th there will be a bluegrass festival. We went last year and enjoyed it and we are thinking of going back this year.