Sunday, March 16, 2008

Eat at Brandi's Hotdogs, No Shoes, No Service


I have been offered a position in advertising.

You may immediately picture me in a board room, all smiles, with a trim suit, and with the aid of my lap top and a laser pointer pointing at things on neat looking charts on the digitized board while the other ad executives nod enthusiastically – they better!

Well, that is not exactly the kind of position in advertising I had been offered.

This is more the type of position that you hold a sign on a street corner dressed like a rabbit or Dracula or Porky Pig. Of course we are still negotiating – like for instance, how often do I get pee breaks – after all, I got an enlarged prostate.

And I have a lot of questions to ask, like aren’t those character costumes hot and stuffy?

Seriously, I have not been “offered” a position in advertising, I have been offered a “lets talk about you working for us in advertising” – kind of offer.

In short, someone emailed wanting to discuss paying me to run an ad on my blog.

I can hardly keep the smirk off my face.

They said they would want to first count and analyze the traffic of hits on my blog. I think, if I gave them permission to check out the volume of traffic and after they analyzed it they would have a good hearty laugh over what fools they made of themselves and apologize to me for wasting their and my time.

Another thing, they said they wanted was blogs with post that have good outcomes.

I never thought about it. I would like to see where the good win over the bad too, but it doesn’t always happen. Look at politics for instance.

And hey! Remember Happy Hour is at 5:00 and Friday is Casual Day!

What were they thinking?

6 comments:

Si's blog said...

Here is a response to your comment that I put on my post about Roy.

Hey, thanks for reminding me. I hope you meant the "Traveling Wilburys". (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traveling_Wilburys) They were great, Need to add one of them to this post.

Eddie said...

Si,
Yeah! That is right. "The Reveling Wilbury's"!

Si's blog said...

If you are advertising hotdogs, I will buy. Do not have my shoes on, however.

Eddie said...

Si,
Brandi's World Famous Hotdogs has a big sign on the door saying "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service!"

Her World Famous hotdogs restaurant is a converted service station from the '40s.

To taste the hot spicy chili that dresses the hotdogs are worth putting your shoes on for.

kenju said...

I've gotten email requests to advertise on my blog too, Eddie, and I didn't even answer them.

Eddie said...

Judy,
I would expect you to receive a letter trying to get you to advertise because you have a high volume of hits.

I was amused that I received such a letter. If they only knew.