Saturday, December 01, 2007

Lack of Communications

I think I told you in an earlier blog that our stove top broke and we went to Sears and bought another one. The salesman told us the installer would call us to set up a time.

He did. He called us the following Monday morning and said he would come that day. I told him we didn't have it, part of the deal was that he was to bring it. He said OK he would check with the warehouse and call me back.

He didn't call me back.

Thursday evening I decided to call Sears to find out just how everything was going with our order, and to make a long story short - leaving out the endless press selections on the phone - I finally got to talk to a human. She told me the installer was going to bring it the following morning (Friday) and install it.

"We won't be home." I said. Anna was off, and we have plans all day.

We politely went a few rounds - now the installation is due next week.

Watch something else go wrong.

3 comments:

janie said...

GRRRrrrrrr!

They seem to think that once they have your money, the transaction is complete!

I hope you get your stove soon. You may have to get rough with them before it is over. LOL

Unknown said...

steve and i have been round and round like that recently. in fact, we have been without central heating for 2 weeks now! "we'll call you back" seems to be universal laungauge for "go F yourself!"

we've come to believe that NOBODY does what they say they will do anymore.

Eddie said...

I'm sorry I am late in replying - we have been on the road all day- we toured the annual toured of homes in Marietta today.
Janie,
I hate to get rough with contractors - but, when I do, I do
Bird,
You are right... two things they do, are don't do - Call you back when they say they will and come the time they say they will - they have no knowledge of time.