Friday, December 07, 2007

December the 7th


What were you doing Sunday, December 7, 1941? Each year the percentage increases of people that don’t remember that day. That is why the USS ARIZONA is still in the harbor, mostly submerged – to remind us.

December 7, 1941 is a day to remember, even if you were not born yet. I was almost 5 months old then – I don’t remember. The attack on Pearl Harbor by the Japanese took us by surprise and changed our way of life for the next four years or so. I remember seeing my uncles come and go in their military uniforms in the mid 40s. It was a definite reason to jump into war. We were attacked so we jumped back at our attackers and their allies – it was a package deal.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Justin and I are going to visit Pearl Harbor in two weeks. I am very much looking forward to it.

Si's blog said...

Great photo. I was born in 1936. Don't remember that day but do remember lots about the war. See my 7 December blog entry. You are right, we were attacked and it was a package deal. But suppose we had "preempted"...?

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
It should be something to behold. Be sure and visit the USS ARIZONA.

Eddie said...

Si,
I just read your Dec 7 blog. Very good thinking!