Sunday, September 02, 2007

Matchbook Cover Collection


Back in BK days when I smoked I had a hobby, in a flippant way, of collecting match book covers. This wasn’t a compulsive hobby at all. If we were in a bar or restaurant, to save my own lighter fluid and thought about it I would use the establishments’ matches. A penny earned is a penny earned – right?

While emptying the china cabinet yesterday I found a sack with my accumulation of freeloading matches… this is sort of random samplings – except the blue one in the top right hand corner. Click to enlarge so you can read it.

And No, I don’t have a big collection of condiments in little plastic things.

6 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

Statistics:

11.1111% of the items shown come from a similar establishment (Playboy Club). Is that a trend?

Eddie said...

No, I belonged to the PB club for a couple of years when we traveled a lot I think one was from the PB Club of Atlanta and the other was Chicago. We also have been to the ones in NYC, New Orleans, and maybe someplace else. We went there for the quality buffet's.
Once at the Atlanta PB Sally Kellerman was the entertainer, she had a band and sung. That was the only time I knew I was exposed to the fact that she could sing too.

kenju said...

Good collection, Eddie. Did you ever see my match books on the other blog?

Eddie said...

Judy,
I did. You have a very good collection. My collection isn't nearly as good. In fact, my collection isn't a collection at all but an "accumulation".

Suzanne said...

I don't think that you have to smoke to accumulate matches. Neither Husband or I ever took up the tabacky, but we have a big plastic baggie (to keep them dry) in a kitchen drawer full of match packets "in case of an emergency." You know, and emergency need to light birthday candles.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
... or if someone laid a big egg in the toilet that would help neutralize the situation.