Sunday, September 16, 2007

Ahhh - Fall Is In The Air!


Ah, Fall is in the air. There is a slightly cool pleasant breeze. On our morning walk there was just enough of a wind to make some leaves shake.

I wonder what that did do Willow smelling sense? Dog are suppose to be excellent smellers... and I guess a nice breeze might carry a good whiff of a raccoon or rabbit right up to her nose and by the wind's direction tell her if it is five o'clock direction or so on.

Which reminds me, the other day on our walk the other day, a cat came prising by taking it's own time. It was smart enough to know Willow as secured with a leash and it got within feet of Willow and sat down and cleaned it crotch. In the meantime, Willow was going wild, standing up trying to leap, whining, crying, if she just sink her took in that little smart ass... and the cat stretched, what looked to be a calculating aggravation, just a few feet away from the leash's length with her on the end. Then it sashayed on off.

Anyway some say it is light jacket weather, some say it is football weather. I say it is nice. Autumn and Spring are my two favorite times of the year.... not too hot, not too cold... just right.

The carpet is down and looks nice. Rocky came over yesterday and helped me bring boxes full of books and decorations up while Anna did the placing. If it wasn't for him and his youth we would be about 25% through now.

Going up and down those stairs toting things did a number on my leg joints and muscles. It may take a while to feel like running again. Walking is nice though. As Willow and I walked this morning I was thinking maybe it is time (age-wise) to quit running and be more consistent my my bicycle riding. If I could ride three times a week I would get a good cardio workout, about the same if I had ran, and not nearly as much pounding and impacting all those bones between my ass and the bottoms of my feet.

The down side of that is that biking can get unbearable cold. A pleasant breeze like today could feel much colder, especially, if you are over 50 or 60. However, I never have tried riding a bike dressed for cold weather - so that may be my answer.... duh!

2 comments:

Michael Bains said...

Good luck with that bike. It definitely uses a different set o' muscles, and I found I just was up for it once I bought a bike to try.

Maybe someday, eh.

Wind breaker clothes. I'll bet that's the ticket ya need. ;-}

Eddie said...

Michael,
I got my first bike at age 7 and had one in some form or another since then.
Yeah, I am going to try a wind breaker jacket and some kind of nylon pants... my face is sensitive to cold so I will have to get past that.