Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Cut the Yellow Ribbon Around the Oak Tree!



Bob is out! Again!

I heard Bob would be in prison until December. I guess I heard wrong.

I drove onto our street yesterday and noticed several people in front of the house next door. A skinny bald headed man was holding Joe’s and the baby mama’s baby. Also Bob’s mother’s car was parked in the driveway.

That wasn’t Bob holding the baby was it? Naw – couldn’t be – Bob was on the heavy side with a head full of unruly hair when he went up the river this time. This man is lean.

Then I heard the man laugh in Bob’s loud boisterous laugh. Shit!

But Bob’s used-to-be-wife said she was not going to allow Bob to come back to her house. I kept my mouth shut, or bit my tongue, remembering her saying that the time before last when he was in prison, that he would not be back at her house. What she meant to say probably, was, “Not until he is released, anyway.”

After Bob held his grandchild the family piled into Joe’s red jeep and drove off. It sort of looked like the Beverly Hillbillies, Vandiver Heights style, that is. Joe is proud of the loud sound of the jeep. I could hear them turning corners – I think the loud muffler sound went lower as she let go of the gas to turn each corner.

So, that is why Joe was washing all the red mud off his jeep. He wanted it to look its best when he showed his father – oh yeah, give the baby a bath too if you want to.

One neighbor pointed out that because of the drought using your outside watering for lawns or for washing cars is against the law (or ordinance) now. I asked when that start making a difference with them.

The pile of people hanging off the jeep returned and Joe and his mother got into the car and left…. For now.

Then when I took Willow out there was Bob motorcycle. Also the garage door was opened with junk piling out of it. It has been closed since the day he left.

And Bob was out pushing the mower cutting grass. And Joe was sitting on the door stoop with his arms folding making it look like he was fuming and thinking.

Yep, Bob is back home!

Life is grand.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I think it is inevitable at this point that Bob will cycle in and out.

Anonymous said...

Well I'll be damned I heard Tony Orlando this very morning. Bob and I may have some mystical connection.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Yes, Bob goes, then he comes. And it is a tradition each time that his ex swears he will not be welcome on his return... but he comes anyway.

Steve,
To make it even more strange, when Bob was younger he looked like a young Tony Orlando.
(now for the shower scene of PSYCHO music).