Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The 3 Stooges: Me, Myself, and I.



Today the flooring people are to come and put in a new dining room floor. Yesterday we worked at getting the details out of the room – wall groupings, etc.

Because the walls were bare we decided it would be a nice time to clean the walls. Anna came up with a nice contraption she bought over the TV… it has a long handle and at one end it has a bar that will hold a cloth or something and the bar swivels. You can turn it one way or the other as you go up and down on the end. Just when we got started good, I put it down to move a book case and forgot where it was behind me and stepped on it and broke the bar into.

Then another thing we carefully let stay on the wall because of it complications to place back… well, needless to say, with my dust cloth I knocked it off.

When we moved the china cabinet back we discovered our cable running out of the floor (from the basement) to the kitchen counter TV. The hole for the cable was about a foot from the wall. Anna asked why I didn’t put it up nearer the wall. I don’t know, that was over 20 years, but I’m sure I had my reasons!

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

These days, you're a regular Mr. Bean.

cbish68 said...

I laughed all the way through this post. I too am dangerous with tools of any kind. But when my wife asks me why I did something the way that I did, I usually make up a technical sounding reason and that seems to satisfy her. Why did I drill the hole so far from the baseboard? Well...um...you can't drill any closer to the wall because it would...err... throw off the electrical resonance in the main wiring channel, hon.

Yeah, yeah. That's the ticket.

Michael Bains said...

Just one o' those days, eh?

You gonna have them cut a new hole? Good luck, regardless. It sounds like it's only likely to get better!

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
So, that is why Mr. Bean came to this area to "holiday" - and followed me around with notepad!

Chris,
Yes, that is more or less what I said, I said downstairs, the baseboard is so close to the edge of the wall downstairs there was no room for the body of the grill.... which I kind of slowly said each word, because I was thinking as I went.

Michael,
Yep, the first hole would be covered, so we could have corrected that little mistake with no one wiser... however, read the next posting.

Suzanne said...

You should definitely get a commission or fee of some sort, no doubt.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Or at least have them take my picture slipping on a banana peeling or something.