Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Who Is Next?


This picture has been on this blog before. For the heck of it I sent it to my old friend John who also grew up in Marietta. I didn’t know John until the 8th grade because we went to different grammar schools. I sent him the picture because I knew he would recognize at least two of the boys on the team.

What I didn’t know, was that he in the picture also. He is front center and looks like a little mini Johnny. That was about what the last blog with this picture was about, just to give you an update.

Today an old friend named Paul who also grew up in Marietta did some work on my house. While here, I printed him off some pictures I taken last October at the Bell Boys Reunion (there are a couple of postings about that on this blog).

After he finished the job and left it occurred to me I should have printed the above picture and he probably would recognized some of the boys on the team too. Again, I didn’t know Paul until the 8th grade because we went to different grammar schools. Within minutes after I sent him the picture via email he called me. He is in the picture also. He is the first boy on the left on the first row. He asked couldn’t I tell it was him by the size of his ears. He said he could probably flap those ears and fly if he had thought of it.

Now, what native Mariettan my age should I mail the magic picture to next?

No comments: