Friday, April 27, 2007

"I'm Here At Wal-Mart" - status seeker

This morning we were having breakfast out. There were two men sitting at a table near us. One of the men was on his cell phone.

I heard him say something about "criminal trespassing." What about criminal trespassing? Was he the one criminal trespassing? Or maybe he was going to tell on somebody for criminal trespassing.

Then I heard him say, "He is my probation officer." Then I felt I knew who criminally trespassed.

It didn't happened, but if he had bumped into me and said, "excuse me." I would say, "No, excuse me!"

And then we went to pick up a few things at Wal-Mart. Where there, I walked by two people in two different areas on their cell phones and each said something like, "I'm here at Wal-Mart." I should have pushed my face near the cell phone and said, "Me too!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have done the wal-mart intrusion thing. I'm sure the people would have been indignant, but it would have been good for a laugh.

All in keeping with the "if it feels good philosophy" of our nation today....tsk tsk.

Lol

Eddie said...

Steve,
Unfortunately, what feels good for me should stop at the other person's nose - just the moment before it becomes bloody.