Saturday, April 28, 2007

Preachers on Saturday


Today was a busy day. At 2:30 we went to a play at the Baptist Church my mother-in-law belongs to. It was taking the idea of the series “Left Behind” and added their own sugar and spices to the idea.

In the play not only were the Jewish people who were true to their faith left behind (however, the Jews for Jesus were not), but so were some Christians that were not born again.

The acting was mostly good and I thought the prop people did a good job. I got sleepy anyway. After the curtains went up the preacher gave us a talking to just how important this is.

After that we rushed 10 or so miles away to Anna’s sister-in-law and the sister-in-law’s daughter’s birthday.

The niece is 50 years old. Somebody paid a company to come out and stick 50 little white with black spots cows in their yard. They will come back in a couple days and retrieve all but one cow.

They had visiting with them a lady from Wales and a lady from Oklahoma. The husband of the niece is a missionary Baptist preacher and had a mission in Wales for about a dozen years. The two visiting women were from that era of their lives. The preacher will be receiving his honorary Doctor’s title next week from a Christian college in Pensacola. I am thinking about sending off for a title too…. I think he said his doctor’s honorary diploma will be DD – Doctor of Divinity. I asked him wasn’t that white candy that was so good.

I think I’ll send off for a Doctor’s Diploma. If it is a DD, I could say I am a veterinarian as in DD as in Doctor Doolittle. Or I might pick DF, which would be Doctor Feelgood.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you back at those diploma mills again? Will you pick one up for me?

Eddie said...

This may show up twice due to one of blunders. As I was saying:
Steve,
Certainly. What kind do you want? A Doctor of Pralininity? Maybe a nun's certificate?

Suzanne said...

Sounds better to be left behind.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
I heard Bill Maher, on his HBO show, that 29% still believe Bush is doing the right thing and 25% believe in the "left behind" thing, and of course they believe they will be the ones not left behind. He suspects they 25% and the 29% are the same people.