Sunday, April 29, 2007

Forget, Hell!



Remember the old cartoon of the short guy with a white beard and a Rebel flag saying, "Forget, Hell!"? I think I remember that was a best selling logo on Zippo Cigarette Lighters (guaranteed for life).

Today I saw a short parade with a whole unit of those little men.




Thursday was officially Confederate Memorial Day. But, that was a week day - so it was best wait until a day on the weekend for their parade to draw a bigger crowd of on lookers. And today would even be better because of the big crowd that came to A Taste Of Marietta.



Unfortunately, the parade was about two blocks for the multitude of people at a Taste of Marietta. I don't think most of them were even aware of the parade.

But we did. We read in the paper about it, so about 1:30 we ran down to see it. On the block we were standing on I doubt if they had over 6 parade watchers.




It was a very short parade, only about 4 clumps of a few marchers, ashiny plush car and a pickup truck with a sign on it.



I think the sign is telling about William T. Sherman who is accused of using live Confederate prisoners to walk ahead of his men on his march to Savanannah. The purpose of the prisoners to walk ahead - In case they were any land mines.

6 comments:

kenju said...

My dad had a neighbor who displayed the Confederate flag in the back window of his truck. It embarrassed me to be on the same street as he was.

Eddie said...

Judy,
Ha ha - Joe across the street proudly had to Rebel flag up until he brought his baby home.

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least the truck wasnt a Toyota or a Nissan. I'm always amused when i see these guys talking about patriotism while driving gas guzzling foreign trucks. Guys like that are one of the primary reasons I never joined the Sons of Confederate Veterans.

Eddie said...

Steve,
Somebody, I think a car salesman, one time told me even American cars are foreign made - like the carburetor might have been made in Mexico, and the radio in Thailand, etc.

Suzanne said...

Oh, those pictures burn me up! There's a word for Confederates - "traitors." There are also some harsh penalties under the Constitution for people who are traitors. I am just saying.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Now now, be compassionate.