Friday, April 27, 2007

Big House Art continued


The painting of the ship above is what I mentioned in the posting I did about the art in The Federal Penitentiary. I mentioned we bought two other paintings that I had no idea where they were. Anna read that post and told me the ship in rough waters is hanging in the guest room... and sure enough, it was. The other painting she said was not bought at the pen but someplace else.

As I mentioned the painting above was by a prisoner. A ship represents freedom and of course the rough waters could represent a tough unpredicted time when freed... I think, or it could just mean what it is, a boat in rough waters.

Speaking of that previous posting that the prison art is mentioned I noticed today that my son Adam, who has the painting, made a comment - something like what I might have done.

2 comments:

kenju said...

That's a very good painting, considering where it came from!

Eddie said...

Judy,
I bet the guy who made it could draw a good replica of a $20 bill also.