Saturday, April 14, 2007

Old Marietta and Medical Plans


When talking about the medical services in Marietta many years ago, I only reported only what I was exposed to.

Now, with 20/20 hindsight I realized I should have told you about the health plan at Glover Machine Works.

Glover Machine Works built trains in the 19th century and ship parts in the 20th century. My grandfather worked for Glover Machinery for many years. He had eight sons and a daughter. And the sons were an active bunch, always getting injured.

Then, Glover Machinery, had a doctor on the payroll. When an employee or an employee’s family member needed medical attention, the doctor from Glover Machinery would make a house call.

I think many companies of any size had similar HMOs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the school nurses they used to keep around.

Eddie said...

Steve,
Welcome back, I am glad you and Bird got back home safely.