Friday, November 03, 2017

Son of Pay It Forward




I just read a facebook friend always Pays it forward at Aldi's.  We do too, sort of.  If I pay a quarter deposit for a buggy I want my quarter back when I return it.  However, if the buggy aka shopping cart was handed off to me without charge when I first got there, then I will return the favor when we are through with it....  it is not so much of paying it forward as much as it is to prevent me getting a guilt feeling of getting a quarter, unearned.


Also, a regular natural unfacebook friend told me that someone at "the counter" bought her a drink.  Of course my first thought was counter is another word for bar.  Which got me thinking men have been paying it forward at bars since the beginning of the tavern system....  hoping to be the payee themselves, in another way.

No comments: