Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Aim to Please




I think I told you about three or four weeks ago I saw an ad for a fast food chain a new item.  It was a deep fried Cajun turkey sandwich.  It looked tempting,  I went to the closest one of that franchise and ordered one.  The only thing is the three women ahead of me were a whirlwind of total confusion, changing their orders and all.  The young man behind the counter got doubled confused I think.  To make a long story short he gave them my Deep fried Cajun turkey sandwich I ordered after them.   They left with what they ordered and what I ordered before they realized their mistake.  They had to make me another order.
I thought it typical of my invisibleness, funny.   I thought I would share my funny episode with the corporate office.  On the printed off receipt they encourage comments.  In about a day someone from the corporate office called and apologized and told me he would send me some free dinner coupons.
I received two coupons for free meals.  The coupons did not look like coupons, more like business cards.  I think also it is a dead giveaway that you COMPLAINED.
Yesterday we used them.
The same kid took our order.  When we presented the coupon/business cards he did not know how to ring it up; he called his boss over.  His boss looked at the cards and his personality changed instantly.  Suddenly he became nervous.
As we ate there, several people that work in the back came out and the kid behind the counter whispered to them which ones were us and then they looked our way and study us.
I wonder if we got some additional stuff on our food we didn't order?
I went back and asked for something else and the kid bent over backwards saying he hoped we like our meal.

When we left I clanged  the bell by the door and a few employees cheered.

No comments: