Friday, December 24, 2010

Shoo!



What a way to start a Christmas Eve morning.

We had a start while waking up this morning. At 5am Willow started barking. I thought she thought it was about I got up anyway and she wanted out.

I staggered half awake to the den, opened the door and let her out She ran out the door growling and turned left on the deck. This is strange, usually when a little furry intruder is on her property she runs down the steps.

I shut the door and within seconds she was scratching frantically at the door wanting back in. I opened the door and she ran right past me. Then I saw what the ruckus was about

On the deck was a big black dog. In the dark it looked like a giant poodle. I decided to go to the carport and open up the deck gate so it could leave. On the carport was another big black dog and it was barking fiercely at me.

This couldn’t be I thought. I wondered if the same dog somehow left the deck materialized itself on the carport. I went back to the den and looked out on the carport. The big dog was there too.

My coffee just finished dripping so I thought I would have a cup and think of a solution. The barking heard all the commotion and was up. Through the windows we looked at the dogs again. They were not Poodles as I thought. They were Standard or Giant Schnauzers.

Anna and I decided I would go to the deck, armed with a broom handle and opened the gate. I did, and the dogs stopped barking. I think they knew we were trying to help them.

But once the gate was opened the dog on the deck didn’t know what to do. We shooed him and finally he got hint. He finally leaped off the carport and they both galloped off, happily, I think.

I have no idea how the one got on the deck. I checked all three gates and they were securely closed.


What a way to start a Christmas Eve morning.

4 comments:

Deborah Wilson said...

Eddie, Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Eddie said...

Deborah, And you too! Merry Christmas and I hope you get to see old friends and new ones and see your relatives.
Happy New Years too!

Deborah Wilson said...

Relatives, in-laws and out-laws!

I left you and Anna a toast on my blog...:)

Peace on earth.

Eddie said...

Thank you Deborah! And (raising my glass again) Here's to you! You have been through a lot in 2010! May 2011 be kinder.