Friday, July 02, 2010

HIC!


I think it was during the year 2007 that a nine year old girl appeared on The Today Show with a case of non-stop hiccups. I think she went over six or seen weeks hiccupping.

That was probably a terrible feeling and embarrassing ordeal for that young girl. I wonder what all her parents thought to get of her constant hiccupping. Most of all, I wonder what she got out of it.

After all, she was on The Today Show. That should have some kind of endorsement or in-person value.

Not to try to outdo Little Miss Hiccup of 2007 but I too presently have non-stop hiccups. I have been hiccupping since about 2am yesterday.

Fortunately, my hiccups took breaks at convenient times: It allowed me to sleep about 6 hours last night and it stopped long enough to allow me to go physical therapy this morning. I could picture each time I let out a loud “hic” muffled sounds would come from everybody in the room, like they were trying to swallow a giggle.

There is a possibility I might need laser eye surgery fairly soon. I thought With the constant hiccupping I do a loud jerking “Hic” during eye surgery and the doctor accidently bores me a new third eye socket.

I think one ailment might cure another ailment. I can see the possibility that my hiccupping ailment could counter-act my invisible ailment. How can anyone ignore a loud hiccup jerk?

Here is a couple things I took mental notes on. I hic every 4th or 5th breath, breathing in air. Sometimes it is 4 breaths and sometimes it is 5 breaths. I let go loud jerking “hics” about every six sets. If it stops and I think it is gone I can eat or drink something and it will trigger it off. This morning it did after I had my first cup of coffee. And today after therapy I dropped by the Varsity and had a chili dog.

The loud hiccup system reminds me that the 7th wave in the ocean is believed to be higher than the ones around it. If you don’t believe me see the movie PAPILLON.

Some skeptics may point out that my hiccupping took breaks… convenient breaks to allow me to sleep and go to physical therapy. You might even say it is a psychological disorder, if it allows itself to stop for the carrier’s convenience.

If you say such, here is my retort back: Asshole!

1 comment:

Jean Campbell said...

The most common remedy that I can think of is to eat a teaspoon of sugar. I read that the graininess of the sugar does the trick on your diaphragm as it goes down and that swallowing salt or sand would do the same thing, but isn't as palatable.

If I were a physician, I would prescribe a low dose of Thorazine. Sorry, I play doctor any more.