Sunday, July 04, 2010

The 4th of July on the 3rd



Normally Marietta's 4th of July parade is held on the 4th. But this year the 4th fell on Sunday. Before the parade everybody in it is lined up properly in their place in the Roswell Street Bapist Church parking lot and the parade starts there. Of course, if it was on Sunday that would mess up Sunday morning worhsippers' plans.

Another oddity about the parade I noticed. For the past years the Lions Club has handed out U.S. Flags to wave. But a a year or so ago, the rules were changed saying you can no longer hand out things during the parade. Being a bit smarter than the parade planners, the Lion Club now goes down the parade route before the parade officially starts and hand out flags.

Rules are meant to have a technical loop-holes dodge, but one organization, I forgot which one, just handed out little flags during their parade walk anyway. Rules are meant to be broken too.

I took about 40 minutes worth of videos. I could not possibly get it all on Youtube, so I went through eleminating scenes. First the Barbie-Dolls-look-alike Misses went. Then the politicians went.

I only kept two politicans in because I feel that I know them.

I finally got it cut down to about 7 minutes. If you think this is bad, you should see what I left on the cutting-room floor.

No comments: