Saturday, November 07, 2009

A Word From Management


A word from this blog's management, that is.

There is a blog (Mardecortes) I like to visit about once a week that is very visually unique. Last week on my visit there was a notice that the blog has been shut down because of space abuse. He used more space than he was allowed free. So, apparently, he had to settle up with them before he could do anymore postings. Which apparently he did, the blog is in full operation again.

And I have two blogging friends (El Postino and Kenju) who have read the fine print and now have reduced the size of their pictures, or moved to a newly created blog and starting over.

At least two of these blogs I think use let space than I do.

Am I skating on thin ice?

So, with that in mind I have reduced the amount of Olympian High School Yearbook pages I published daily. In case you noticed a sudden drop of quantity that’s why.

On the other hand, if you noticed a sudden drop in quality, well, that’s another story.

4 comments:

kenju said...

Thanks for the mention, Eddie. Yes, I have gone to routinely posting medium photos instead of large, since my finite allowance of that was rapidly getting closer. I suppose when I reach that point, I will just start a new blog! LOL

Eddie said...

Judy,
That is my plan too. A new blog is cheaper (free).

Pappy said...

Eddie, I just paid $20 to upgrade my Pappy's Golden Age Comics Blogzine. It will give me 10 times the amount of space I've used up to now, but unfortunately I'll have to come up with that $20 every year from now on, like renewing a subscription.

Eddie said...

Pappy,

That is terrible. It is not exactly like renewing a subscription though - if it was like renewing a subscription you would pay them $20 and they would send you something, but in this case you send them $20 and they let you send them stuff.
It is like if NEWSWEEK paid you to read their magazine.... or maybe not, since they provide you with the means... I'm confused, as usual.