Saturday, November 21, 2009

Dining In Woodstock, Georgia


Today for lunch we tried out a new Italian restaurant in downtown Woodstock. I thought it was tasty and expensive.

The decor was early warehouse. It had no real ceiling. If you looked up you would see pipes and the bottom side of the roof - or it appeared that way anyway. On the floor level the place was nicely decorated in a spacious sort of way.

The cooking area is in the open. While sitting and dining and looking at the chef staff I saw there are at least five chefs. It was at 1:30 and only 7 diners, including us were there. Each chef seemed to have a certain job or stage and was more or less in his or her own little world.

The waitress was very nice and cordial and was willing to work with us, although we hinted for certain things, like a sharp knife to divide the food on our plates so we could sample each other's food and have a wider knowledge of their culinary abilities. Our hint was ignored.

They are just across the road from the Right Wing Tavern.

3 comments:

kenju said...

If they had ignored my request for a knife, I would have ignored their request for a tip!

Eddie said...

Judy,
Today or yesterday I noticed my son had a statement on Facebook that went something like this (speaking about a restaurant in Atlanta):

I think the waitress recognized me from a previous visit. I hope she doesn't remember the small tip I left her: The reason was bad service.

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read that article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read more on that blog soon.