Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Marietta Scene of Years Ago, Dairy Queen



This was a scene at the corner of the 4-Lane and Clay Street, facing West down Clay Street. I think it was taken in the mid 50s. If you have lived in Marietta for over 40 years you probably know exactly where I am talking about.

To the newcomers: it is at the corner of Cobb Parkway, South, and Clay South Marietta Parkway, facing west down S. Marietta Parkway.

Notice to the right of the Sinclair Service is a Dairy Queen. Ride by and look at it today. The Dairy Queen is still there.

2 comments:

The Ban Phai Farang said...

This would have been a good place for a now and then photo.

Eddie said...

Reuben,
I agree and I thought of that. Then thought of stopping in a high traffic area to take the picture. The wrecks that would pile behind me and the angry motorist made me think otherwise.