Thursday, November 05, 2009

Onions & Flu Germs


The other day we received one of those forwarding things about flu germs. It told of a rural community that many people had the flu and many others died because of the flu.

The country doctor was busy doctoring the flu victims and somehow he heard of one large family that no one was sick. Out of curiosity he drove out to their farm to check on them. Sure enough, everybody in the large family was healthy. He asked the mother why the flu didn’t strike them – what was their secret.

She showed the doctor a little plate with an unpeeled union sitting on it; And another one and another one. She said the onions warded off the flu germs.

The doctor asked to borrow one of the onions to carry back and study. It didn’t say so, but I think he probably wrapped it pretty good.

Back in his examining room he put it under the microscope and found it was covered with the flu germs. The germs were magnetized to the onions.

So, I would think plenty of people read that and went to the grocery and bought onions, as they probably should have.

However, with the onions sitting in the grocery store with hundreds of people walking by, some with flu germs…. Don’t you think some people bought those onions, carried them home and ate them?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

JUST THINK, ROCK. THAT IS HOW MANY NEW DISCOVERIES ARE MADE.IT HAS ONLY BEEN A MERE 20 YEARS SINCE I DISCOVERED THE INTERNET, ALONG WITH BILL CURTIS.
PR

Eddie said...

PR,
Well, that is nice that you discovered something as of a tool as the internet. I think the only thing I have discovered is chances are if you see a dead mammal on the roadside that has been there a few days chances are it is infested with maggots.

Anonymous said...

Rock,
If you and Paul want to save on onions ..... ride in the car with Harry.

Eddie said...

Here we go again!

Anonymous said...

ROCK THE ONE ABOUT HARRY IS FROM JACK, NOT ME!HOWEVER I AM A TAD SMARTER TODAY NOW THAT I KNOW ABOUT MAGGOTS AND ROAD KILL.
PR

Eddie said...

PR,
I knew it was Jackie. The non-all-caps gave it away.

Anonymous said...

GOD BLESS YOU ROCK. I DO NOT WANT TO GET ON YOUR BAD SIDE. ALSO YOU ARE VERY ASTUTE TO NOTICE THAT I PRINT IN ALL CAPITALS. I WILL HAVE A CHAT WITH JACK TOMORROW. HE CALLED ME TODAY TO ASK HOW TO LEAVE A COMMENT.I GUIDED HIM THROUGH THE PROCESS AND HE HAD THE AUDICITY TO MAKE THOSE REMARKS ABOUT MY BUDDY HARRY. HARRY AND I LIVED TOGETHER IN 1969 AND HE AND HIS WIFE AND IVANELL AND I GO TO DAYTONA EVERYTHING TO THE CAR SHOW EVERY THANKSGIVING. I CANNOT MAKE IT THIS YEAR 'CAUSE OF THE KNEE THING. WE NEED TO FORGIVE JACK, THOUGH, 'CAUSE HE IS OUR BUDDY ALSO.DAMN, I AM A FORGIVING SOUL TONITE.GETTING TO OLD TO MAKE ENEMIES NOW.WE ALL LOVE YOU, ROCK.
PR