Monday, November 09, 2009

Chitty Bang Bang Bang



Jackie Gaskin paid us a Sunday afternoon visit. That was a pleasant surprised. And what made it even nicer, it was very timely. Jackie arrived just as I finished my bbq chicken thigh.

Actually, he first intended to pay us a surprise Saturday afternoon visit. When we came in from shopping Saturday evening he had left a voice mall message saying something to the effect that he was in our driveway with his Jalopy-mobile. He said he rang the doorbell and no one came.

I emailed him and said, “That was you? I’m sorry; I thought it was a bill collector!”

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET IN CHICKEN-FAT! IF YOU REMEMBER THAT IS THE BRADFORD MOBILE.
PR

Eddie said...

PR,
He also gave me a ride around the block. That sealed the deal.

kenju said...

The father of a guy I dated in high school had a similar car. It sat high off the ground and he used to take us out on the weekends when weather was nice. I loved riding in it!

Eddie said...

Judy,
When he gave me a ride around the block my 88 year old neighbor, raking leaves, saluted us... I think he thought I was General MacArthur.

Anonymous said...

Rock,
Yesterday I called PR to ask him if wanted to ride over to your house in the old jalopy and visit with you and Anna..... he said he would love to but was on his way back from SC visiting with his mother in law. Actually I'm glad he didn't come with me. Have you ever noticed PR is not photogenic at all...
JG

Eddie said...

JG,
I think PR is photogenic a-plenty. Maybe not rough-manly handsome like me, but photogenic anyway.
What are you rolling your eyes for?

Anonymous said...

EL ROCKBAUGH,
I WILL CONCEDE TO JG THAT I AM NOT AS NEARLY AS PHOTGENIC AS THE SAND MAN.HOWEVER, HE KNEW I WAS OUT OF TOWN WHEN HE CALLED. HE JUST WANTED YOU BY YOURSELF.HE IS HAVING TILLMAN WITHDRAWALS.
PR

Eddie said...

PR,
I am a Tillman replacement?

Anonymous said...

UH,EH, OH, NOT HARDLY! I WILL LEAVE IT AT THAT.
PR

Anonymous said...

Rock,
Don't let PR get to you. Gonna to enrole him charm school. Things will be better for us all.
JG

Eddie said...

JG,
Nope, I didn't know PR was even intended to "get to me" until you mentioned it... I'm not even sure what he was doing to "try to get to me?"