Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Who's Been Tooting My Horn?



My neighbor Bob lost his job recently at a marina. His specialty was small engine repairs, subdivided into another specialty boat repairs.

He is now working on something like 19 small engines and boat motors that he has here and there in his yard and garage.

Bob has a very loud booming voice. He also has a very hot temper when it comes to his son.

The other day I heard Bob talking on his cell phone. He stands at the edge of his garage for better reception… if you didn’t know he was a one man operation talking from a junky garage you would think he was in a plush office of a large corporation and he was pushing the buttons.

While he was talking, his truck went, “TOOT TOOT TOOT!!!”

Bob immediately pulled the phone from his face, covered the mouth piece with his hand and said, “Don’t do that!!”

If it was his son blowing the horn I think he would have let out a string of four letter words chewing him out. Since he sentence almost sounded like a polite request I suspect his son’s live-in-girl friend was in the truck and tooted the horn.

Bog started talking again.

The truck, again, “TOOT TOOT TOOT!!!”

Bob went into the house.

I thought I would crack up laughing.

No comments: