Saturday, May 17, 2008

Atlanta Botanical Gardens, our visit


(note: You might get more out of these if you click on each picture, but again with a couple of them you may be repulsed).


Friday we went to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens, which is on the edge of Piedmont Park. It was a beautiful day, not too hot, not too cold, just right with a pleasant breeze. There are outside gardens and ponds of many types and a huge greenhouse which, I think is a complex of many greenhouses under one roof. One huge room high the regulated environment of a tropical rain forest and another one was much cooler, it was trying to be like a mountain climate.

They had many types of man-made art to complement the plants.. some moved with the wind or even sounds and some just stood there. There were all a pleasant viewing experience.

The many types and varieties of plant life were beautiful. I took several hundred pictures. I have been through these pictures many times trying to “weed out” (get it?) the bad ones. Here are the not- too- bad -ones that remained:
(as usual click on the picture to enlarge it)














See the little frogs? Don't touch, they are poisonous. Also, see the frog with his/her mouth all blown up - it must be a mating thing.















I'm pretty sure this is a Rubber Plant.


Another Rubber Plant.







6 comments:

kenju said...

LOVE the pix, Eddie, especially the frogs. I just posted a photo of the same type of scalamander - the one with the red face!!

Eddie said...

Judy,
I bet my red face lizard is more embarrassed than your red face lizard.

Deborah Wilson said...

Gorgeous pics, Eddie! I haven't been to the Botanical Gardens in a while. The pics come out real good. But what kind of plant is that in the 17th pic down??? That's a weird one!

Eddie said...

Deborah,
Thank you. I don't remember what that coil looking plant is. I read what it was, and it made sense, but I did not take into account that I have almost a 0% retention ability.

Anonymous said...

The coil is actually a frond of a fern that is about to open. The pic is too close for you to see the whole fern.

Eddie said...

A,

Oh - ho!

I hope Deborah Wilson checks back and reads that. Thanks.