Thursday, May 01, 2008

Marietta -West Park Square postcard


This is the West Park Square.

Strangely, it hasn’t changed that much, compared to the other three sides. If you shoo away that horse and surrey and the old car, it could almost be the present scene.

When I growing up, the line up was for this block Fletchers, Coggins’ Shoes, Johnny Walker’s Men’s Clothing, Inc., Hardy Studios and I forgot what else.

Atherton Drug Store was part of the line up until they moved to the other side of the corner, and – now it seems to be all antique shops and one restaurant and bar: Hemingway’s. And I think Coggins’ Shoes was someplace else on the Square before it moved there.

But, as I said, the outer structure is close to the same.

Below is a picture I took of the same building 20 or so years ago.

No comments: