Monday, May 05, 2008

High With Georgia O'Keeffe



Hi!* Yesterday we went to the High!

We have been to the Atlanta High Museum a bunch of times over the past several years, and each time I think we went on Friday’s – which at the High’s parking deck, paid a fair price to park. We paid an hourly rate. This time they were charging $10 up front just to get inside…. That was irritating.

It was the last day that we could see the Exhibition of Women Artists in America. It was mostly the works of Georgia O’Keefe (1887 - 1986). She was quiet a liberated woman of her time. She was an excellent artist – her use of bold colors and of natural curves is well, wild but controlled.

Have you heard the expression that the true classical music appreciator does not think of The Long Ranger when he hears the William Tell Overture unexpectedly?

I went through looking at Georgia O’Keeffe’s art today wondering if the same applies to her art and the female anatomy. Nope! I don’t think the same applies – I think her paintings hints strongly of the female anatomy.

Some of the below works were on display – but I got them all off Google.

*That reminds me of a Korean lady by the name of Hy that I worked with in the Postal Service. You pronounced her name as “Hi”. Everyday, I would greet her by saying, “Hi Hy!” Man, everyday she would smile- Stick around, I have a million of ‘em.



No comments: