Friday, May 23, 2008

Castillo de San Marcos, St Augustine, Fl postcard


On the back it says:
"Begun in 1672 and built intermittently for 25 years. It has never been successfully assaulted, but has served as as a haven for city residents during St. Augustine's long and color history. Photo by David Noble."

This post card must have been made before we assaulted it about 1989. We very cleverly disguised ourselves as tourists and slipped on the compound. Wait! I have proof this card was made before we arrived. I bought the card at the gift shop!

You should have seen me, with a dagger clinched in my teeth, I swung on some kind of line down from the sentry walk in a swashbuckling way, then did not have enough momentum to swing to the sentry walk on the other side, so, I had to go back and forth and back and forth until the line slowed down so I could drop off it and run to the parking log before they caught me.

No comments: