Saturday, April 26, 2008

Memories Up In Smoke On the Day Planner




A couple of weeks ago I blogged that we had lunch at a French bakery/café on Glover Street in Marietta – which was my old preteen stomping grounds - which is now across the street from the Cobb County Board of Education.

I took a few pictures and made a note in my mind to go back and take some more.

Last Monday I was in the area and brought my camera to take some more pictures. At the same two houses with one fence around them, was a truck with a man behind the truck working – moving lumber, or whatever. I walked up and asked him what was going to happen to these two houses.

He told me next Saturday they are going to burn them – both of them. He told me the Marietta Fire Department is going to do the burning. That makes it official.

Today is that next Saturday. If you are reading this Saturday morning these two houses probably are burning – which were once homes. One of them, as I mentioned, I had a fight, right by the porch, and the other one, I ran in and out like it was my own house.

The last duty of both these two houses is to be one time tools for the Marietta Fire Department.

If the houses had burned without me taking these pictures I would have regretted letting the last opportunity to have something to kindle my memories of the area poof up in smoke.

Mind if I play the fiddle?

4 comments:

kenju said...

Fiddle away, Nero. It is nice that you photographed them for posterity.

Eddie said...

Judy,
Thank you.
And also thank you for reminding me of the word "posterity" - I was trying to think of it and just couldn't draw it out of the pits of my mind.
What good is learning a word-a-day if two words-a-day falls out of your head?

Michael Bains said...

Beware that dreaded .. uh.. hmm.. the fearsome d.. errrum... just a second, I'll get it... It's a syndrome of some sort...

Sheesh.. what's that called? Where you can't remember what something's called but it's right at the, um, edge of yer seat? back of yer mind?

Tip of the Tongue! ;-)

I just read where you're much better off Not trying to recall it. Just let someone else do it, or look it up. Otherwise you're just reinforcing how to NOT recall that particular word/name/phrase.

Now back to some fiddlin' (around) of my own.

Eddie said...

Michael,
Now, you have me totally cornfused - wait, that's not it! Cunfused?