Friday, April 04, 2008

Elvis on Beale Street Memphis postcard-not



This is kind of cheating. It is not a postcard but it is looks like a postcard, in a way. It is actually a survey bulletin that I picked up (because it was free) at the Elvis Presley Store and Restaurant on Beale Street in Memphis.

We ate there. They had Elvis’s favorites on the menu, like peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I ordered Mississippi Catfish which was prepared very well, not only was it tasteful it was plentiful too. I bet Elvis licked the plate clean.

The Elvis store on Beale is just about the first of many stores that celebrate musicians on that landmark street in Memphis. The B.B. King Lounge is catacorner across the street.

Directly across the street is a bus stop and behind the bus stop is a little park with statues of Memphis musicians. Down the side street about two blocks is a motel that a sad historical event took place on it's balcony 40 years ago today – the assignation of Martin Luther King.

2 comments:

Deborah Wilson said...

Peanut butter and bananna sandwiches are delicious! I heard on tv the other day that Elvis also liked fried bologna sandwiches.

(I had to look up how to spell Bologna - Southerners call bologna - 'balony'. lol)

Eddie said...

Deborah,
I would have naturally typed b-a-l-o-n-y.
But again, I would shake the dictionary to see it it would quit spelling Possum with a O.
Yes, a banana and peanut butter sandwich is delicious.
Another thing I have always like tomato and mayonnaise sandwiches and my mother-in-law suggested sometimes add an onion slice and I did..Man!!