Monday, July 31, 2006

Sphincter



I am old enough to be on Medicare, which I am. I probably have a failing (or it has already failed) brain. My brain needs all the exercise it can get.

I read someplace that to learn a-word-a-day and use that word at least once that day is good brain exercise.

Today I learned the word “sphincter” which the dictionary tells me it is an annular muscle surrounding and able to contract or close a bodily opening.

If I translate that right, a sphincter is the “O” ring of your ass-hole.

So, now, how to use it in a conversation, besides defining it or asking what it is… that was quiet a challenge until I saw something on the news about the Whitehouse.

You might say we presently have a sphincter presidency.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

Eddie, the muscle around our mouths is also a sphincter - so that might make it easier for you to work into a conversation...LOL

Glad I could teach you something new, you old dog!!

10:19 AM  
Blogger ET said...

Judy,
Who says you can't treat an old dog new tricks?

11:25 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

No, Eddie, our Veep is not a "sphincter," he is a "Dick."

3:02 PM  
Blogger ET said...

Steve,
Yes, You are a right. A dick cannot also be a sphincter.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems like you'd know better- most people are liberals while they're young & foolish (stupid).....conservative (smart) after they put in some time in this world.

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.watiti.com
Join me and my circle of friends at Watiti.com,
an online social networking community that connects
people from all over the world.

Meet new people, share photos, create or attend
events, post free classifieds, send free e-cards,
listen music, read blogs, upload videos, be part of a
club, chat rooms, forum and much more!

See you around! Bring all your friends too!

http://www.watiti.com

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script