Friday, July 21, 2006

Clerks Two - or is it Clerks Too, or Clerks To?

We went to see Kevin Smith’s Clerks II today. At the box office when I asked for two tickets to Clerks II with a senior discount, the ticket seller, a young men, asked us if we have seen the first movie Clerks. What he was about to get at was it may be a shock to us elderly folks to hear such language. Yes, I told him, we saw the first Clerks.

In the theater, I noticed that I was the only person there, including the characters on the screen that had his ball cap on frontward. There were about fifteen so people there. I would wager we were old enough to be anyone else there parents if I could find someone to take a bet like that.

The movie was very funny. We laughed and cackled all the way through it. As usual, Kevin Smith asks some very universal profound questions intertwined with street and gutter talk.

But I guess I am old fashion, I think I like the first Clerks better, Kevin was just doing it over, not improving, just changing locations. The convenience store was burned down and they went to work for a fast food restaurant.

And they were restless. It was time to move on again.

6 comments:

Reel Fanatic said...

I think I'll probably prefer the first clerks too, but that movie is just perfect .. I'm going to No. 2 today, and really looking forward to it

Eddie said...

2 is good. And I would think it was the best, if I didn't compare it to the first.

kenju said...

I haven't seen either one. You made me remember the time I rented "Something About Mary". The clerk at Blockbuster looked up in complete surpruise when I laid the DVD on the counter, and he asked me if I had any idea what the movie was about. I told him tht my daughter had recommended it to me, and he said he thought no one over the age of 40 would be interested in it. I almost slapped him....LOL

Eddie said...

Judy,
Sometimes I think the young are more guilty profiling us than we are them.

Suzanne said...

Very good point. my sister and both my brother-in-laws (husband's brother and sister's husband -wow that is confusing sounding) went to see Clerks II and were concerned that there was a woman our mom's age there. During the movie she laughed more often and louder than anyone else. My sister said the woman's laugh was infectious. They left feeling like idiots for worrying about her.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
I had to go back to the theater today. When we went to see Clerks II the other day we forgot our card, that tacks on bennies for each ticket you buy, so they told us to bring the stubs and our card back within a few days and they would give us credit.
Which I did today.
The person taking care of me, a young man, looked at the tickets the looked up at me to study me for a minute. Then continued posting it to our account.