Thursday, November 11, 2021

Vet's Pretz

As I noted earlier we went to Big Bad Daddy’s Burgers for a free meal on Veterans’ Day. We have been to Big Bad Daddy’s several times. Strangly, we have ended up eating in the same booth all but once. How do we end up siting in the same seat almost every time? Simple. Due to our early trait we are almost always the first customers there. And our favorite booth is the first booth from the entrance door. Sitting almost next to entrance and the free offer today of Veterans Eat Free, boy are they in for a surprise when they read the fine print, I noticed most people arriving had a store bought loud color ballcap with the name of their ship or base on it. Are they expecting a by-chance accidental retunion? I posing with my cap I sent off for and paid for, see below. Those private enterprize caps are not official proof that you are a veteran. You need a form called a DD 214 that offers proof you were officially honorably discharged. HOWEVER! Average Vets do not carry around their DD214 form. They carry around a drivers license or some other official ID with a little the word “Veteran” somewhere on it. Today I wasn’t asked for any proof of my status. Which makes me wonder why they check closely at the grocery store checkout when I buy one can of beer. Look at my picture again. Do I look 15 years of age or under?

No comments: