Saturday, November 20, 2021

Doorman

I think I missed my calling. Again, today I found myself being the doorman of almost everybody coming and going out of a restaurant we went to. We had lunch at Jim and Nick's on South Cobb Drive, near the NW Connector. When we paid our bill Anna went to the restroom. It was raining so we agreed that I would stand just outside of entrance door, on their little porch , where there was a roof, and wait for Anna with her umbrella. As soon as I was out I heard a noise at the door. There was a lady putting down her left over food bags and to open the door. I saw no reason she should do that when I was just standing there, so I opened the door for her. She thanked me.. As soon as she walked away here came another lady holding a baby. I couldn't let her put her baby down just to open the door. I held it opened for her and got a warm appreciative thanks. Similar situations happened 4 or 5 times before Anna got there. One person did not thank or acknowledged me at all, or I was invisible and that person probably thought the door automatically swung opened when it sensed someone coming.

No comments: