Monday, November 29, 2021

The Chihuahua and Me Show

I walked up our driveway a short time ago to check on our mail. About halfway the little Chihuahua came running from across streer fiercely barking like he always does. Usually he gets at my feet and bark and growl and dares me to take my next I step. I take the next step and he jumps out of the way and has more reason to bark. Today I barked back. I spread my arms wide like a hawk ready to pounce and let out a deep serious huffy grown. The Chihuahua took off running but looking behind at me, still barking. Then I heard the daughter (age about 45) scream at the dog. I couldn’t understand what the daughter said. Her voice was coming from the balcony. Because of the sun, I could not see her or how many people were there. She rarely goes out on the balcony unless she has friends over. Damn. I hate putting on a show and not knowing it.

No comments: