Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Costco Free Samples

We went to Costco the other day. I did like I always do when I first enter Costco: case the free samples. I check out each sampler server to see if they are new. If they are new they are usually nervous and a pushover for allowing you to return for seconds or thirds. Some I recognized as the ones that go back the book and gives you a sales spill on the way you prepare it and the nutrician - be patient and politely listen, your food from the previous stands need to digest anyway. After a while you learn which ones don’t are how many samples you get as long as you act impressed with what they save about themselves. And there are some that actually resent you trying to get more samples and remind you to quit freeloading and buy the product. Which reminds of a little hyper server that would remind you in a second that it is your second visit without picking up a package of whatever. This lady was very religious who visited people in nursing homes on their death beds to pray fly them on her off day. I know I saw her. Also one time The Marietta Journal did an article on her a couple years. It surprised me of her age in the article. It said she was in her high 80s and I thought she was in her low 70s. Today I remembered I haven’t seen her lately and I asked a server that has been with them for years where was the little hyper lady. She told me the lady died last year. I told her I was sorry to hear that as I reached over and got a second free sample off her tray.

No comments: