Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Parking Deck Blues







Occasionally,  I see something I think would be great  to video.  In the parking decks of our local hospital  I saw a weak old  man having a hard time.  It took me a few seconds to realize what was going on.  I was in our car looking for a parking place and around a ramp going up to the next level, the handicapped parking area was by a door going to an elevator.   I saw an old man pushing a power wheel chair backwards.   He was limping while trying to push the heavy electric wheelchair.   Well, I suppose he has walking problems, the reason he was limping and having to push a heavy electric wheelchair added to his stress.  I couldn't help from seeing him, he was holding up traffic.

One man, also elderly, drove his truck directly towards me, I backed up and what the guy wanted was a empty handicapped space.  I don't think he was handicapped but he wanted a place that he could jump out of his car and help the old man pushing the electric wheelchair.
I briefly thought wouldn't that make a great heart warming video?  then my second thought was, "Wait!  wouldn't it be better if I helped push instead of videoing it?"


I couldn't find a empty space to park on that level to park anyway.  Speaking of empty parking spaces in the  handicapped area, I took the below picture on the 4th level, one level below.




By the way, when I returned about one hour later I saw the old man who was pushing the electric wheelchair sitting in a pickup truck with the wheelchair sitting in the bed, looking stubborn and smug, I might add. 

No comments: