Saturday, August 16, 2014

Eddie Hunter and His Magical Saturday

My son Rocky asked what I wanted for my birthday.  When he asked, it just so happened that I saw a sign advertising helicopter rides over Marietta for $40.  So that is what we told him, a helicopter ride.  And  that is what I received - today.


The plan this morning was to  ride in the helicopter over Marietta.  It is between a 5 and 10 minute ride.  They were to be there between 10am and 3pm.  We are always early.  It is in our DNA.   When we pulled up we saw three men sitting at a table under a umbrella.  I got out and walked over to the table to ask them about the details, and so on.   They asked me my name and I told them and paid them.  One young man stood and said, "Let's go!"  I had to run back to the car to get my camera.









I learned a few things for my next trip, if there is one.  Number one is that as soon as you are in the air you are looking down on things you should be photographing, like the courthouse, The Square, and Glover Park.

After the flight we went to the Farmer's Market on the Square and bought some things such as local honey, big fresh tomatoes, and a chicken pot pie.





I saw former Mayor Bill Dunaway handing out pamphlets and other information at a Visitors Information table.  I told him I just flew over Marietta in a helicopter.  He said,
"Helicopter rides today?"
I told him it was and reach down and pulled out another poster, "HELICOPTER RIDES TODAY."  and it gave directions.

There were several street musicians making their homemade music  (for dollar bills in their hat on the ground) for homegrown produce.





No comments: