Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Fantastic Voyeur


The images are not my innards.  They are some I found goggling "FANTASTIC VOYAGE"



I decided to get my prostate shaved.

After looking at my penil system via a cystoscope with my urologist explaining  what Anna and I were seeing and what will happen about a year or two down the road. My bladder is overworked, which will eventually collapse, which will mean catheter  ... oh me.

The view from the cystoscope gave the illusion that we were slowly driving a vehicle through a pink tunnel. At the end of the tunnel was a larger room We just dove in, we were fearless. It is my bladder. One wall had a big hole, big enough to drive a truck through....if we are in a vehicle. The doctor explained that the hole is damage from over working, the pressure made it give.

We returned to the opening of my pee-pee. It appeared we were backing out. Strangely, as we backed out my urethra tube in front of us. The two walls were closing, i'm not sure if that is natural or something caused by my enlarged prostate.

As the cystoscope was almost out I had a very strong urge to piss. I almost expected in the monitor to see a huge flood of yellow liquid rushing at us.

The doctor said if I don't get my prostate shaved I will be getting urinating assistance from  a mechanical instrument within two years.  That doesn't leave much of a choice.  Gulp!




5 comments:

kenju said...

Eddie, I know it is a scary prospect. My dad had it done and it was not hard to go through at all, and that was in the 60's - so I am certain their techniques are better now. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Well, as usual, I'm not sure he was in the same room as the doctor and I. The doctor said if this wasn't done, he would be on a catheter. Of course, dialysis is for kidney failure. Hopefully, that hasn't gone out yet, but his luck is not going so well. I've heard good things about the prostrate procedure and trust that all will be better after this is done. Just getting to the other side is what is ahead of us.

Eddie said...

Thanks Judy.
I think the scariest part is being scared about it. Sort of like the great thing to fear is fear itself. It is just the discomfort of it all of what I'm dreading.

Skip said...

Eddie, you'll get through it just fine, and things will be better on the other side. You'll be in my thoughts.

Eddie said...

Thanks Skip, We are referring to your email a lot.