Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What Is Good For Me…


What Is Good For Me…

You have heard the expression, “What good for General Motors is good for America.” haven’t you?

Lately, with the economic crisis I heard it changed a little to “What is good for the wealthy is good for the country”. Of course, that is, in a way, what Bush and McCain have preached, with their tax cuts.

Remember – that is how the French operated, before the French Revolutionary – the rich thought it was vulgar to pay taxes – that was a chore for the poor and middle class, to support them.

Well, I have been thinking. They have it all wrong. I have studied the forbidden ancient texts of the wise men of long ago. I have translated it all and to save you the task of weeding through all that gibberish yourself, here is the bottom line:

What is good for Eddie is good for the country.

That is what it says, really. So, before our whole economy collapses and Heaven opens and fire and lightening bolts are shot out for your sake write your congressman and senator and demand that I start getting an allotment of one hundred a million bucks a year.

You see, that will be good for me!

And if it is good for me, it will be good for you…. Honest! I will buy new mansions all over – I will have a New England home, a Rocky Mountain home, one overlooking the ocean near Seattle, a yacht, 50 new cars, HD TV in every room! I’ll wear a new expensive suit everyday! A chalet overlooking the Rivera! A penthouse in New York City! I get all emotional just thinking of all the good I will do creating all these jobs.

Remember, what is good for me is good for the country.

.. and if I overspend, congress and the senate will just have to have an all night emergency session to vote me in more funds.

I am volunteering my services of living the good life, all for your livelihood folks.

Am I patriotic or what?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

To my favorite Cousin Eddie,

When your check comes in don't forget about you favorite cousin Johnny.

Eddie said...

To My Favorite Cousin Johnny,

Johnny,

I will certainly remember you when I start getting that annual grant from the Uncle Sam for $100 million - and you will get a healthy portion of the take (I found out dealing with supervisors and business people that promises are cheap).

Carolyn said...

Yes, yes, I can see that this might work ET! You'll need many contractors to build those mansions, realtors to sell the land to build them on, decorators to furnish them, cooks, maids, butlers, lawyers, accountants, pedicurists, manicurists, publicists, taylors, airplane pilots, limo drivers, nine-iron drivers, bodyguards, right-hand men, left-hand men, doormen, secretaries, executive assistants, personal photographers, golden Rolexes, golden toilet seats, ...

Yes, you may need a golden parachute at one point too. But be sure you ask for enough to cover a luxury vacation, lol!

Eddie said...

Carolyn,
I think I just may be the boom this country needs.... it is a simple solution: give me money and I will spend it. The more the better!

Si's blog said...

Mentioned you, Little Ann in my last post. A comment from http://bushsyndrome.blogstream.com/ brought this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-sdcwPzbx4. You may have seen it before but thought you might like it.

p.s. I want my cut. 10%

Eddie said...

Si,
So far I told 11 people they can have a 10% cut. I think I'll still have enough left over to be a very wealthy man.

Yes, I read your plug about me this morning. Well, you either have god taste or you are blind. Well, you are the beholder.

Thanks for the MAD youtube blip. I saw a MAD backcover by Will Elder I don't actually remember. I am going back to search for that when I get a chance.