Monday, October 13, 2008

The Invisible Man Almost Got Photographed



The reunion we went to Saturday had group photographs. The common ancestors of us all were John and Nancy Sumner Ray.

Someone made a diagram on the wall. The top showed John and Nancy’s names, then across the wall were 12 sheets of paper. At the heading of each sheet of paper was one of their children’s names. Beside the child’s name was the spouse(s) name and under that were their children. Sometime during the afternoon, each of us was to go to the board and put our name beside the closest kin. In my case, it was Frank Paris Hunter, the 5th of 7 names under William and Emaline Ray Hunter/Trammell.

Near the end of the day someone decided to take group pictures of everybody descended from each child. Some of the sheets of papers had maybe 10 to 20 people standing by the name posing.

In the case of William and Emaline Ray Hunter/Trammell it was only me, along with my spouse Anna. I suppose we were the last ones to be called up to have our picture taken.

We went up to the wall and waited for the guy with the expensive camera to take the picture of the group ahead of us.

After he took their picture we walked up ready to have our picture made. While the other couple was walking off the photographer was putting his camera equipment in the camera case. He thought he was over.

That makes sense to me… us invisible people always gets lost in the shuffle.

So, we left without anybody taking our “group picture” for the people there to represent William and Emaline.

2 comments:

Si's blog said...

That sounds like the story of my life. Sob. The only thing that notices me is the bleeding from my retirement account.

Eddie said...

Si,
Unfortunately, me too. I think this blasted kitchen remodeling is going to force me and my children' children into slavery to pay for it. They keep finding things, costly things, that have to be done.