Saturday, October 13, 2007

Whew! We are back.


(above - this could be a typical shipboard scene)*

Back from a wave rolling and sitting in traffic on expressways a long time good time.

Essentially, we drove to Cape Canaveral, spent the night at the Radisson Motel and the next morning we took a shuttle next door to Port Canaveral and debarked (ship talk) on the Royal Caribbean’s Sovereign of the Sea big boat.

We probably gained weight but I don’t think you have to. The food wasn’t all that good. We probably did on general principle. We enjoyed watching the people and enjoyed seeing things we haven’t seen before.

We went to Royal Caribbean’s own private island which I cannot think of at the moment – Caycay-something. And Nassau and the island next door to it, Paradise Island.

The staff people of the ship were overwhelmingly nice and polite…. And was like all of them, male and female, had a crush on me, like love at first sight. I thought maybe this is going to be a very overwhelming shipboard romance – or romances, then I remembered the tipping system… that explains everything.

In fact, that may a good reason in itself to go on a cruise. A lot of people smile and help you and you can’t do anything thing wrong.

Speaking of the tipping system each person is given a certain number of envelopes which the titles of the people that waited on you in one form or another, and they have a recommended amount to tip them – which we went by the recommendations and precharged it all on our ship’s card, which in turn is charged onto our credit card.. I almost cracked up when I overheard on the last day in a lobby a grown daughter explaining to her elderly mother the system and the elderly mother negatively said, “You mean I have to go around and hunt these people and hand them this? Oh, Good God!”

I’ll fill in the details of our cruise later.. probably in dribbles as we unpack and so on. I know you are on pins and needles until I tell it all to you (Wait! did I detect you yawning?)

*(but it's not).

4 comments:

kenju said...

Sounds like fun, and brings back memories of our one and only cruise to Nassau about 25 years ago.

Eddie said...

Judy,
Nassau was our one and only cruise too!

Suzanne said...

Welcome back and that is the funniest picture I have ever seen. Ah, the grin on that kid's face...

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
I understand that look.